When we talk about branding in a business sense, the first thing people think of are logos and color palettes. While these are important elements to a company’s brand – think Coca-Cola or McDonald’s – branding is more about how you set up your company to stand out from the crowd. Branding incorporates your company’s message and mission, and when all these things line up correctly, you become memorable to your audience and solidify the foundation for a strong relationship.
For those in the coaching business, creating a personal brand that is clear to the media is very important because that is part of what sells your products and coaching packages to your audience plus entices producers and editors to put you on their platform. YOU are the face of your brand. Does how you portray yourself online match up with the real-life you? Here are four ways to develop your brands’ connection with more people:
Identify what you do, your goals, and your objectives.
You’re not just a coach, a strategist, a consultant….. you’re a business coach, a health coach, a life coach, a marriage coach. Add any adjective you want before the word “coach, strategist, consultant” that identifies YOU, and don’t be afraid to tell people. Wear that title proudly and soon your tribe will associate your name with your chosen title. Your goals and objectives will form your mission, which in turn tells you who your target market is. If your mission and your market don’t match, you need to do more research.
Determine your brand attributes.
What perception do you want your brand to portray? What image should appear in people’s minds when they hear your name? Do these adjectives match up with your objectives, logo, color palettes, and overall online image?
Create a consistent online Message with your website, blog, and social media platforms.
Yes, color palettes, headshots, and logos are important and definitely play an important role in your online presence. BUT clear communication of your MESSAGE will go a long way to guarantee that your brand identity is consistent across all these platforms, and that your online image matches your offline image 100%.
Bring your brand to life by using videos.
People want to know, like, and trust you. What better or quicker way to do that than to use video to reach the masses? Video brings you into their homes and allows you to share the provocative thoughts and daily tips and encouragement they are seeking. Video is proof positive that you are a real person, and they will know fairly early on if your personality/brand jives with their own. Videos should also incorporate some of your online elements so viewers will recognize your logo or color scheme when they visit your website or view a different video.
What Does Branding Have to Do with my business?
Quite simply, if your online persona is quite different from your offline image, expect to have an awkward moment (or two). Even if your interaction is completely online, if you conduct yourself differently than you show in your videos, you’ll invite more unwanted questions and cause your prospects to be hesitant around you, wondering if you’re “faking it till you make it” or not being authentic. In either situation, your audience won’t trust you, they may not give you a second chance to prove yourself and may start telling people what a fake you are via social media.
Business relationships should be built on honesty and integrity, and all of your branding elements should be in line. When people trust you are who you say you are, they will begin to trust you and a relationship has begun.
Need More Marketing MESSAGE Advice?
WHERE BLOCKS TURN INTO IDEAS, AND IDEAS TURN TO POSSIBILITY.
Have you been grappling with a problem or idea for way too long? Do you know you just need to talk it over with an expert? Want to take the next steps to get to the next level but you don’t know how? Maybe you even have a few ideas, but are unsure how to make them happen?
- Not seeing growth in your business and are stuck with what steps to take next
- Looking to make a change and need help with a brand strategy
- Struggling with reaching the ‘right’ people on social media
- Confused about who your ideal client is and how to reach them
This is the Intensive Business Strategy Session you didn’t know you needed.
- 60-minutes 1:1, with Beth
- Business and branding audit of your online business
- Media strategy to land your next segment/interview
- The clear messaging it takes to create the action steps you need to take to accomplish your goals
- Book a 60-minute Zoom call.
- I’ll review your social media platforms, website, and landing pages.
- During our call, I will answer all of your questions and provide an action plan and next steps.
- You will walk away with a solid strategy and the confidence, clarity, and direction that you need to tackle the next step in growing your business.
- You’ve worked solo for so long, but the business is no longer growing in the way you would like.
- You know you need a bullet-proof strategy to grow!
- You are still not attracting your ideal client.
- You’re looking to elevate your personal brand, by building credibility and trusting you as the expert in your space.
- You’re ready to work with an expert as a partner to guide you and hold you accountable.