Running a certified, women-owned and operated business & securing a spot on Oprah’s Favorite Things
Beth chats with Kelly Carroll Burgin of K. Carroll Accessories, a woman-owned and operated small business, which launched in 2002 as Boutique To U Handbags (BTU). The company started when Kelly was downsized from her corporate job and used the opportunity to do something she had a passion for and to live a more balanced life.
BTU started as a traveling boutique focused on trunk show fundraisers, bringing “the boutique to you.” But the company has evolved into so much more. With an expanded product line, an e-commerce site and a wholesale business that spans all 50 states, Kelly changed the business name in 2016 to better reflect the growing business.
Kelly and Beth discuss:
- What it’s like having a product featured on Oprah’s Favorite Things
- Transitioning from working with a business partner to working on her own
- The importance of reinventing yourself/business over and over again
- Why mistakes are both okay and necessary
- Where her entrepreneurial spirit comes from
- Advice for those that want to start their own business
- When to increase investment in your business
K.Carroll Accessories is a certified, women-owned and operated business, which started out in Kelly’s garage in 2002. Today, they operate out of a 6,500 square foot warehouse, in Auburn Hills, Michigan, working with 100 of the best wholesale gift reps across the United States and Canada, and showing lines in 6 different showrooms. The company is committed to offering quality, hand sewn products, with outstanding service.
Connect with Kelly:
insider secrets only a TV producer knows
Discover the insider tips and tricks of a former TV producer's publicity strategy - the ultimate roadmap to getting your brand noticed!