Beth goes behind the spotlight (and to several countries) with the sister of a famous fashion designer you may have heard of before – Tommy Hilfiger. Ginny Hilfiger, youngest of 9 Hilfiger children, is a fashion designer herself and spent a lot of time at Tommy’s first store, People’s Place, which opened at the age of 18 in his hometown of Elmira, New York. After quickly deciding she didn’t want to follow in her mothers footsteps of becoming a nurse, Ginny attended Fashion Institute of Technology before working as a head designer for companies like Tommy Hilfiger and FILA and launching her own brand, Ginny H.
- What it was like growing up with 8 siblings in small town New York
- What her parents did when she told them she had no interest in going into the medical field
- Launching brand campaigns with celebrities such as Beyonce, Kate Hudson, Aaliyah, and Gigi Hadid
- Her experience working with family (not just Tommy!)
- Sourcing inspiration for new designs
- Mistakes made and lessons learned as a designer
- Her newest endeavour, The Messi Store
- And so much more!
Today, she is busy working as the Creative Director for premium lifestyle brand, The Messi Store and bringing new visions to life with the soccer mogul, Lionel Messi!